It has been a long time, friends! How are you all doing?
This momma here has a lot on her plate, but I’m still here! I am still creating stuff whenever time allows me to!
Fall season is here again and I am not complaining because it is my favorite season! Since the weather is slowly getting colder, I thought of creating a new beanie pattern. This pattern has such a beautiful texture and I just love the heart look the stitches create! The brim has a knit look, too!
So without any further delay, let me introduce you to my newest creation, The Rosey Beanie! This pattern came about when I was in the middle of my other project and I just needed something else to do, something quick! I browsed my crochet graph inspiration album on my phone and this one popped up! I did a little change to the design and I am so happy with the result!
The Rosey Beanie was created using a combination of crochet stitches. It features the Half Double Crochet Slip Stitch which I used for the brim, and Single Crochet and V-st in the Front V-strands of the Single Crochet. I am not actually sure of the Front V-Strands name so I made it up and incorporated a photo tutorial in the pattern for better understanding. Anyway, this pattern is so easy and quick to make.
Find more details about this pattern below.
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate
- Any Worsted Weight (#4) Yarn. I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn; 3 oz, 85 g, 197 yards). You’ll need approximately 150 (160, 170, 180, 190) yards
- J/6 mm Crochet Hook
- K/6.5 mm Crochet Hook
- Stitch Marker
- Tape Measure
- Tapestry Needle
- Optional: Yarn or Faux Fur Pompom
GAUGE: 8 sts x 7 rows = 2 inches in Half Double Crochet Slip Stitch in the Back Loop Only using J/6 mm Crochet Hook or size to obtain gauge.
SIZES AND FINISHED DIMENSIONS
|SIZES||HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE (inches)||RECOMMENDED HAT CIRCUMFERENCE (inches)||HAT HEIGHT (inches)|
|Toddler||18 – 20||19||7.25|
|Child||19 – 21||20||7.75|
|Teen/Small Adult||20 – 22||21||8.25|
|Medium Adult||21 – 23||22||8.75|
|Large Adult||22 – 24||23||9.25|
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS | US Terminology
- BLO – Back Loop Only
- Ch(s) – Chain(s)
- DC – Double Crochet
- HDCSlst – Half Double Crochet Slip Stitch (video)
- PM – Place Marker
- R – Row/Round
- Rep – Repeat
- RS – Right Side
- SC – Single Crochet
- SC2Tog – Single Crochet 2 Together (decrease)
- Sk – Skip
- Sl St(s) – Slip Stitch(es)
- Sp(s) – Space(es)
- St(s) – Stitch(es)
- WS – Wrong Side
- V-st – V Stitch – (DC, ch 1, DC) in the same st
- Read the pattern carefully before starting and circle the numbers that apply to your size.
- from the bottom (brim) up.
- The pattern is written as follows: Toddler (Child, Teen/Small Adult, Medium Adult, Large Adult).
- Not all heads conform to sizes by age; please measure for a more accurate fit. Please refer to the SIZES AND FINISHED DIMENSIONS table above under FINISHED MEASUREMENT.
- If you want your beanie to be slouchy, add a few more rows to the body of the beanie before continuing with the decreases or shaping of the crown.
- I recommend using stitch markers to mark the beginning st/sp of each round of the beanie. Remember to move the stitch marker as you progress.
- The asterisk * indicates pattern repeats. You will need to repeat all the instructions between the asterisks.
- Brackets [ ] are used to indicate the number of chs, rows, sts, and measurements.
- This body of the beanie pattern is a multiple of 4 + 2 sts.
Grab your copies now! Click the button below!
Or you can save it on Pinterest. Click the button below!
It’s time to check out the beautiful versions of my amazing testers!
Melanie | @lemaniebee
Toni | @timberwoodsdesigns
Greta | @betalikescrochet
Becca | @mayhemandmajesty
Gwen | @gwengoods
Liza | @liz_knots
Erika | @sayyestotheyarn
Coralie | @demainsenfils
Reisa | @reisad22_reeserscreations
I would love to see your version of The Rosey Beanie. Please use these hashtags #stringsandcuddles, #stringsandcuddlesdesigns, and #TheRoseyBeanie to share so I could see and share it!
To download the PDF copy of THE ROSEY BEANIE and my other patterns, please visit my Ravelry shop.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions regarding this pattern.
As always, stay safe and happy crocheting!
*** *** ***
All images and patterns are copyright of STRINGS AND CUDDLES. You may sell any items that you make from this pattern. You may NOT use my images. Please DO NOT copy, redistribute or claim as your own. If selling items from this pattern, please give credit to STRINGS AND CUDDLES by linking to my shops or on social media @stringsandcuddles.